Iron Horse train
Conneaut Lake Park’s first miniature train was installed
in 1904 and was located on the Free Act Lawn. From 1910
until the early 1940s the park went without a miniature
train ride when the current miniature train tracks were
constructed. Over the years the models of these trains have
changed, reflecting the full sized models of their day.
The current Iron Horse train, built by the Alan Hershell
Company (the same company that built the Little Dipper in
Kiddieland) was introduced. In 1992 the miniature train
was renamed the Bessemer Railroad to reflect the early full
sized railroads that once brought pleasure seekers to the
Conneaut Lake Park resort.